Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dead Bird

The smell grew stronger as we approached Ms Squires. It wasn’t her that was stinky, but a feathery dead bird on the track at Pt England School’s Cross Country.

As we walked to the start line, we were filled with nervous excitement. This year it was a new, and much longer course - heaps of people would be watching too! “Take your marks!” instructed Mr Burt and off we took with determination and perseverance.

Running over the rocks, my legs began to feel like wobbly jelly and my lungs were bursting. Oh no! This was only the beginning!

Twisting and turning along the winding path, the race felt never ending. “Ouch, Ouch” I said over and over ,my feet were killing me. I had lost my shoes at the start and running in my socks was painful.

My spirits lifted as I spied Miss Va’afusuaga and Feki dancing at finish line. I gave a burst of speed and collapsed over the line, relieved and exhausted.

Excitement spread across my face as I knew this horrible day was finally over. Oh No! I nearly forgot - we have to do it alla gain next year.






No comments:

Post a Comment